- The intelligent RFID solution to textiles storage
Easier & faster than traditional systems
Along with Berendsen A / S, 2Trace develops and sells the intelligent SmartGarment solution to clients in Healthcare & Workwear. Clients desire an easy and flexible textiles storage solution that provides visibility throughout the wash cycle.
SmartGarment uses the technology RFID – Radio Frequency Identification – with a chip in each piece of fabric. This means that the client’s staff can pick up and drop off their textiles both easier and faster than with traditional systems. SmartGarment handles check out several pieces of clothing at the same time – and gives full control over personnel clothing.
Many advantages with SmartGarment
SmartGarment ensures that there is work wear available at the right time for the right people. The system also reduces the spread of infection by allowing textiles swapping, when the need arises – and ensures that proper washing frequencies maintained. In addition, SmartGarment helps reduce shrinkage, so the client avoids extra costs of lost textiles.
- SmartGarment provides information on textile consumption, which can streamline the laundry process and delivery, so the environment is spared in the best way possible.
- The textiles load in seconds with one scan and multiple users can pick out textiles at the same time.
- The personal textiles inventory can easily be adjusted.
- The textiles can easily be traced, and it is easy to read information such as consumption and washing.
- By combining SmartGarment system with alarm detectors, ensures that all textiles taken out are recorded. This reduces shrinkage.
- The information on textiles consumption provides more efficient and predictable washing cycles and deliverables.
- The staff can easily change textiles when required, reducing the risk of spread of infection
SmartGarment at the laundry
- All textiles is fitted with a UHF RFID tag. Then the textiles are tagged and loaded into SmartGarment.
- When the textiles arrive dirty at the laundry, SmartGarment reads it automatically.
- The textiles are washed and sorted for delivery in cages and made ready for RFID reading.
- The textiles are RFID-read in cages – up to 1000 at a time – and packing slip is printed.
SmartGarment at the client
- The textiles arrive sorted in cages with up to 1000 at a time. Subsequently the packing slip is scanned, and the clothes are then placed in the client’s inventory.
- Employees identify and borrow textiles on their employee card with a quick and easy RFID scanning.
- The employee’s hand over used textiles with a quick RFID scanning in the delivery room.
The SmartGarment website provides a quick and easy overview of all textiles that are circulating between the laundry and the client. It is used to optimize inventories and wash cycle. At the same time, it keeps track of employee loans and passing of textiles so that maximum hygiene can be obtained.